Speedy Layered Chicken Enchilada Pie
Write a review
- 1 package (11 oz) Old El Paso® flour tortillas for burritos (8 tortillas; 8 inch)
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup uncooked instant rice
- 2 cups shredded reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese (8 oz)
- 1 can (15 oz) Progresso® black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 can (19 oz) Old El Paso® hot enchilada sauce
- 1 cup Green Giant® frozen white shoepeg corn (from 9-oz box), thawed, drained
- 1 cup Old El Paso® Thick 'n Chunky salsa
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- Reduced-fat sour cream, if desired
- Chopped green onions, if desired
- 1Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 9-inch round (2-quart) glass baking dish or casserole with cooking spray. Cut 5 of the tortillas in half. Cut remaining tortillas into 2 1/2-inchwide strips.
- 2In large bowl, mix chicken, rice, 1 cup of the cheese, the beans and 1 cup of the enchilada sauce.
- 3Layer 4 tortilla halves in bottom of baking dish. Top with 1/4 cup enchilada sauce and half of the chicken mixture. Top with 2 tortilla halves; fill in empty spaces with 3 tortilla strips. Spoon corn over tortillas. Spread salsa over corn. Layer with 2 tortilla halves and 3 strips. Top with remaining half of chicken mixture. Continue layering with remaining 2 tortilla halves and strips, enchilada sauce, cheese and 2 tablespoons green onions.
- 4Bake uncovered 35 to 45 minutes or until mixture is thoroughly heated and cheese is melted. Cool 5 minutes. Top with sour cream and chopped green onions.