Spicy Mexican Quiche Cups
Write a review
- 1/2 lb bulk hot Italian sausage
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (2 oz)
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (2 oz)
- 1/2 cup chopped jalapeño chiles, seeds removed, if desired
- 6 eggs
- 6 tablespoons Old El Paso™ Thick 'n Chunky salsa
- 1 box Pillsbury™ refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
- Heat oven to 425°F. In 8-inch skillet, cook sausage over medium heat, stirring frequently, until browned and no longer pink; drain. Set aside to cool.
- In medium bowl, mix both cheeses and chiles. Stir in cooled cooked sausage. In another medium bowl, beat eggs thoroughly with fork. Stir in salsa.
- Remove pie crusts from pouches; place flat on work surface. With rolling pin, roll each crust into 12-inch round. With 3 1/2-inch round cutter, cut 22 rounds from crusts, rerolling scraps as necessary. Press each round into ungreased muffin cup or fluted tartet pan.
- Spoon 1 heaping tablespoon cheese mixture into each crust-lined cup. Top each with about 1 tablespoon egg mixture; divide any remaining egg mixture between cups.
- Bake 14 to 18 minutes or until filling is set. If desired, garnish with fresh cilantro. Serve warm.