St. Patrick's Day Cupcakes
Write a review
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 4-serving-size package instant pistachio pudding mix
- 3/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate pieces
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 of a can cream cheese frosting (1 cup)
- Green colored sugar
- 1/2 cup candy-coated milk chocolate pieces
- Grease muffin cups or line with paper bake cups. In a large mixing bowl stir together flour, pudding mix, chocolate pieces, sugar, baking powder, and salt. In a small bowl combine beaten eggs, milk, oil, and vanilla or almond extract. Stir into flour mixture just until combined. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full.
- Bake in a 375 degree F oven for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Frost with cream cheese frosting; sprinkle with green sugar, then milk chocolate pieces. Makes 18 cupcakes.
- make ahead tip
- Up to 2 weeks ahead, prepare and bake the cupcakes but do not frost them. Wrap and freeze the cupcakes. Thaw and frost before serving.