State Fair Fried Pickle Burger
Write a review
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil (plus additional vegetable oil for deep frying)
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 Large egg beaten
- 12 Vlasic® Ovals Hamburger Dill Chips
- 6 oz ground beef patty (or veggie patty)
- 1 hamburger bun
- 1 American cheese slice
- 1 leaf green leaf lettuce (may also use 2 leaves)
- 1 slice tomato
- 1 tablespoon ranch dressing
- Heat 2 inches of vegetable oil in a deep, heavy pan until oil reaches a temperature of 350°F.
- Combine flour, baking powder and garlic powder in a shallow bowl. Beat egg in separate bowl.
- When oil comes up to temperature, dip Vlasic® Ovals Hamburger Dill Chips in egg and then in flour mixture and add to oil. Cook until golden brown, flipping over while cooking, about 2 minutes.
- Set aside on a paper towel to drain.
- Heat 2 teaspoons vegetable oil into a separate cast iron or fry pan and heat until oil shimmers. Add burger to pan.
- While burger is cooking, add bun, cut side down, to fry pan. Heat until grilled, 2 to 3 minutes, then remove.
- Cook burger to desired doneness and turn off heat. Lay American cheese on burger and cover pan until melted.
- On bottom of bun, layer lettuce, tomato and burger. Top with ranch dressing, fried pickles and top of bun.
- Serve additional fried pickles on the side.