Strawberry Chiffon Pie
Write a review
- ⅓ cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon unflavored gelatin
- ¼ cup cold water
- ½ cup boiling water
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1½ cups strawberries, crushed
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 egg whites, stiffly beaten
- 9-inch pie crust, baked
- Whip cream, and set aside.
- Soak gelatin in cold water. Add boiling water and stir until dissolved.
- Stir in ¾ cup sugar, strawberries and salt. Stir until mixture begins to thicken; fold in whipped cream.
- Combine ¼ cup sugar and egg whites, and fold into strawberry mixture.
- Pour into pie crust and chill. Garnish with additional whipped cream and strawberries if desired.