Strawberry Chocolate Éclair Fantasy
Write a review
- ÉCLAIR SHELL
- 3/4 cup water
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups (9 oz.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels, divided
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) Neufchâtel (light cream cheese), softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 15 large strawberries, hulled and tops trimmed level
- 1/3 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1 3/4 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Powdered sugar
- PREHEAT oven to 450° F. Grease 9-inch pie plate.
FOR ÉCLAIR SHELL
- HEAT water and butter to a boil in small saucepan. Stir in flour and salt. Reduce heat to low; stir vigorously for 1 minute or until mixture forms a ball. Remove from heat. Cool for 2 to 3 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing thoroughly after each addition, until smooth. Spread evenly over bottom of prepared pie plate.
- BAKE for 15 minutes or until sides puff up. Reduce heat to 350° F.; bake for an additional 10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Press center down when cool.
- PLACE 1 1/4 cups morsels and milk in medium, uncovered microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH (100%) power for 1 minute; STIR. Morsels may retain some of their shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring until smooth. Do not overheat. Stir in 1 teaspoon vanilla extract. Spread mixture evenly over bottom of éclair shell. Refrigerate until chocolate is firm.
- BEAT cream cheese, sugar and remaining vanilla extract in small mixer bowl until smooth. Spread evenly over chocolate layer.
- ARRANGE strawberries on cheese layer with pointed sides up. Microwave jam in small, uncovered microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 30 seconds; stir. Brush jam over strawberries and drizzle between strawberries. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- PIPE or dollop whipped topping between strawberries and éclair shell edge.
- PLACE remaining morsels in heavy-duty plastic bag. Microwave on HIGH (100%) power for 30 seconds; knead. Microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, kneading until smooth. Cut small hole in corner of bag. Squeeze to drizzle over strawberries. Dust with powdered sugar. Serve immediately.