Strawberry Daiquiri Cake
Write a review
- 1 package Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® white cake mix
- Water, vegetable oil and whole eggs called for on cake mix box
- 1 box (4-serving size) strawberry-flavored gelatin
- 1 tablespoon grated lime peel
- 1 to 2 teaspoons rum extract
- Lime Frosting
- 1 container Betty Crocker® Rich & Creamy vanilla frosting
- 2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 8 fresh whole strawberries
- 1Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Grease bottom only of 13x9-inch pan and lightly flour, or spray with baking spray with flour. In large bowl, beat cake ingredients with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds, then on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Pour into pan.
- 2Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- 3Stir together lime frosting ingredients. Spread frosting evenly over cake. Store loosely covered at room temperature. Just before serving, cut each whole strawberry in half, leaving leaves on. Garnish cake with strawberry halves. Store loosely covered in refrigerator.