Strawberry Extra-Chocolatey Brownies
Write a review
- 1 package Driscoll's Strawberries (16 ounces)
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1/2 cups butter (1 stick)
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cups toasted sliced almonds, optional
- 1/2 cups chocolate chips or chopped white chocolate bar
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter 12 muffin cups, or coat with cooking spray. Stem and chop 1/2 package strawberries, reserving the smallest berries for garnishing.
- Place chocolate and butter in a medium glass mixing bowl. Microwave on medium (50 percent) power 2 to 3 minutes or until butter is melted; stir until chocolate is completely melted. Stir in sugar, eggs and vanilla. Mix in flour, chopped strawberries, and almonds if using, stirring just until combined.
- Scoop batter into muffin cups, filling one-half full. Bake 15 to 17 minutes or until brownies are just set on top and no longer shiny. Remove from the oven and sprinkle chocolate chips or chopped white chocolate evenly on tops of brownies. Return to oven for 1 to 2 minutes or until chocolate softens. Remove from oven and spread chocolate with the back of a teaspoon or knife.
- Cool completely in pan. Run a knife around edges and lift to remove from pan. Before serving, cut remaining strawberries in half and place one on top of each brownie.
- Pan brownies variation
- Use an 8 x 8-inch baking pan instead of a muffin pan. Bake 25 to 30 minutes as directed above. At the end of baking, sprinkle chocolate chips on top; return to oven for 1 to 2 minutes. Evenly spread chocolate. Cool. Cut into squares and garnish with strawberries.