Strawberry Margarita Cheesecake Minis
Write a review
- 1 recipe Salted Pretzel Crust (recipe follows)
- 1 1/2 8 ounce tubs cream cheese spread, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely shredded lime peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 cup sliced small strawberries
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Finely shredded lime peel (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line thirty-six 1 3/4-inch muffin cups with paper bake cups; set aside. Prepare Salted Pretzel Crust. Press about 1 1/2 teaspoons pretzel mixture into the bottom and up the side of each muffin cup. Bake for 5 minutes. Transfer pan to a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, for filling, in a medium bowl beat cream cheese with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Add the 1/2 cup sugar, flour, the 1 1/2 teaspoons lime peel, and vanilla; beat until combined. Add egg; beat on low speed just until combined.
- Spoon filling into muffin cups, filling each three-fourths full. Bake for 15 to 17 minutes or until filling is set. Cool in muffin cups on wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove cheesecakes from cups. Cover and chill for 4 to 24 hours.
- Before serving, in a small bowl stir together strawberries, the 1 tablespoon sugar, and lime juice. Spoon on top of cheesecakes. If desired, sprinkle with additional lime peel.
- Salted Pretzel Crust
- 1 3/4 cups pretzel sticks
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Place pretzel sticks in a resealable plastic bag; seal bag. Crush pretzels with a rolling pin until fine crumbs form (you should have 1 cup). In a medium bowl stir together crushed pretzels, butter, and sugar.