Strawberry Rose with Dark Chocolate Pudding
Write a review
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, melted
- 2 cups whole milk
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- Pinch salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 package Driscoll's Strawberries (16 ounces)
- 8 fresh mint leaves
- Melt chocolate. Whisk together 1/2 cup milk and cornstarch.
- Bring remaining 1 1/2 cups milk, sugar, cocoa and salt just to a simmer over medium heat. Stir cornstarch mixture then add to milk mixture in saucepot and bring to a boil, whisking constantly. Cook 1 minute. Remove from heat and stir in melted chocolate and vanilla. Spoon into glasses. Cover surface directly with plastic wrap to prevent skin from forming. Chill.
- Before serving, hull 16 strawberries by removing the green calyx. Take 4 strawberries and cut the top of the strawberries off. These strawberries will be used as the center for the roses. For the remaining strawberries slice into 1/8: sections to use for the rose petals.
- Begin arranging the sliced strawberries around the pudding making sure the ends of the slices are facing out and extend slightly beyon the rim of the glass. After the first circle of strawberries is placed, begin making a second circle of strawberries but position slightly more forward toward the center of the glass. Continue with a third layer. Once finished add the cut strawberry to the center and garnish with mint leaves. Serve immediately.