Stuffed Artichoke w/ Garlic & Parmesan
Write a review
- 3 oz pancetta, minced
- 5 cups fresh bread crumbs
- 3 cups Parmagiano Reggiano cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 1/2 chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 lemon for rubbing
- 2 tsp salt, or to taste
- 2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 6 large artichokes
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1. In a large bowl add the pancetta, bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, green onions, parsley, garlic, salt , black pepper, crushed red pepper, and olive oil. Toss to combine.
- 2. Cut about 3/4 inch off the tops of each artichoke. With your scissors, snip off the pointed ends of each artichoke leaf. Rub a lemon on the cut ends to prevent browning. Slice off the stem end of each artichoke so that they sit up straight. Spread the leaves of each artichoke as much as possible, and pack in a generous amount of bread stuffing around each artichoke. Tap each artichoke gently to let any loose stuffing fall off. Stand them in a casserole or roasting pan just large enough to hold them in a single layer. Add water to a depth of 1-1/2 inches
- 3. Pour a generous amount of olive oil over each artichoke, letting it seep in. Bring the water to a boil, cover, reduce heat to steam the artichokes, about 1 hour, or until the leaves pull off easily.
- 4. Add more water if necessary while the artichokes are steaming.
- 5. Serve hot or at room temperature.