Stuffed Pizza Bake
Write a review
- 1/2 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 3 1/3 cups Original Bisquick® mix
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (12 ounces)
- 1 jar (14 to 15 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms (3 ounces)
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- Heat oven to 450ºF. Grease rectangular baking dish,13x9x2 inches. Cook sausage and ground beef in 10-inch skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until brown. Drain; set aside.
- Stir Bisquick and water in large bowl until dough forms. Divide dough into 2 parts, 1 part slightly larger. Roll larger part dough into rectangle, 16x14 inches, on surface dusted with Bisquick. Fold crosswise into thirds. Place in center of baking dish; unfold. Press on bottom and up sides of dish. Sprinkle with 1 cup of the cheese; top with 3/4 cup of the pizza sauce, the meat mixture, mushrooms and bell pepper, pizza toppings and 1 1/2 cups of the cheese.
- Roll remaining part dough into rectangle, 13x9 inches. Fold crosswise into thirds. Place on cheese in center of baking dish; unfold. Press bottom and top crust edges together to seal. Make small slits in top crust. Spread remaining pizza sauce over crust; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake uncovered 22 to 25 minutes or until edges of crust are golden brown.
- Makes 8 servings