SUGAR BAKED APPLES
Write a review
- 2 medium cooking apples (such as Cortland, Idared, Granny Smith or Jonathan)
- 1/4 cup raisins, dried cranberries or dried tart cherries
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 1 Pop-Tarts® Oatmeal Delights Frosted Mapley Brown Sugar toaster pastries
- 1. Core apples. Peel strip from top of each. Place in 8 x 4 x 2-inch loaf pan.
- 2. In small bowl combine raisins, brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Spoon into centers of apples. Pour apple juice into pan around apples. Tightly cover with foil. Bake, covered, at 350°F for 35 minutes. Remove foil. Spoon liquid over apples. Bake, uncovered, for 20 to 25 minutes more or until apples are tender, basting occasionally.
- 3. Place in dessert dishes. Sprinkle with KELLOGG’S POP-TARTS Oatmeal Delights Frosted Mapley Brown Sugar toaster pastry pieces. Serve warm.