Sugar Cookie Crust Fruit Pizza
Write a review
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- Pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1/2 teaspoon herbs de Provence
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup sliced kiwi
- 1 cup sliced nectarines
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced
- For the crust: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 10 to 12-inch tart pan or pizza pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugars using a handheld mixer until smooth. Add in the egg and vanilla and mix until incorporated. Slowly incorporate the flour mixture into the creamed butter and mix until blended. Remove the dough from the bowl and press into the prepared pan. (You may need to dust your hands with some flour to prevent the dough from sticking to them. It is wet dough when it comes together.)
- Bake until the edges just start to brown, 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool.
- For the spread: In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, lemon zest and a pinch of salt until smooth. Spread evenly on the cooled crust.
- For the glaze: Add the marmalade, 2 tablespoons water and herbs de Provence to a small skillet and cook over medium heat until loosened and warm.
- To assemble: Arrange the fresh fruit in the desired pattern on top of the pizza, brush the glaze over the fruit, slice and serve.