Sunburst Lemon Bars
Write a review
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl with electric mixer, beat base ingredients on low speed until crumbly. Press mixture evenly in bottom of ungreased 13x9-inch pan. Bake 20 to 30 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl with wire whisk, lightly beat eggs. Beat in remaining filling ingredients except lemon juice until well blended. Beat in 1/4 cup lemon juice.
- Remove partially baked base from oven. Pour filling evenly over warm base.
- Return to oven; bake 25 to 30 minutes longer or until top is light golden brown. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- In small bowl, mix 1 cup powdered sugar and enough lemon juice for desired spreading consistency until smooth. Spread glaze over cooled bars. Cut into bars.