Surprise Monkey Bread
Write a review
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tubes (12 ounces each) refrigerated flaky buttermilk biscuits
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cut into 20 cubes
- 1-1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, heat brown sugar and butter on high
- for 1 minute or until sugar is dissolved; set aside.
- Flatten each biscuit into a 3-in. circle. Combine sugar and cinnamon;
- sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon in the center of each biscuit. Top with a
- cream cheese cube. Fold dough over filling; pinch edges to seal
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup walnuts into a 10-in. fluted tube pan coated with
- cooking spray. Layer with half of the biscuits, cinnamon-sugar and
- butter mixture and 1/2 cup walnuts. Repeat layers.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately
- invert onto a serving platter. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers.
- Yield: 1 loaf (12 servings).