Sweet and Sour Shrimp
Write a review
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 scallions, white and green parts, cut into thin strips
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 shallots shallots, peeled and sliced
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 celery stalk, cut into matchsticks
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 small carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 1 tbsp peeled and grated fresh ginger
- 1 lb. medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 fresh hot red chile, seeded and minced
- 3 Tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1. Stir the vinegar, honey, soy sauce, sugar, and ketchup in a small pan over a low heat until the sugar is melted.
- 2. Heat the oil in a large frying pan or wok over high heat. Add the green pepper, carrot, celery, shallots, ginger, chile, and garlic. Stir-fry until the green pepper softens, about 3 minutes.
- 3. Add the shrimp and stir-fry for about 2 minutes or until they turn pink. Pour in the vinegar mixture and stir-fry for 1 minute until the shrimp and vegetables are coated and everything is heated through.
- 4. Transfer to a platter and garnish with the scallions. Serve hot.