SWEET AND MILD MEATBALL APPETIZERS
Write a review
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 C evaporated milk
- 1 C Dry bread crumbs
- 2 large eggs
- 2 T Olive Oil
- 1 Large onion, finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 12 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- In a small saute pan, heat olive oil and saute onions, celery and garlic until onions are translucent. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine ground beef, ground pork, milk, bread crumbs, eggs, onion mixture, salt, curry and pepper. Mix well.
- Shape mixture into 1-inch balls. Cover the bottom of a large saute pan with oil and bring to medium/high heat. Place meatballs (a few at a time) in the pan and cook until just browned on the outside. (Do Not overcook, meatballs will finish cooking in the sauce.) Remove and drain on a paper towel lined baking sheet. Continue working in batches until all meatballs are cooked. In a large sauce pan place the cooked meatballs and pour over the Paula Deen Sweet and Mile Sauce and crushed pineapples. Simmer until heated through. Serve warm.