Sweet & Salty Chewy Pecan Bars
Write a review
- 1 pkg. (16.5 oz.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Refrigerated Chocolate Chip Cookie Bar Dough, divided
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 2 tablespoons caramel sauce
- PREHEAT oven to 350º F. Grease 8-inch-square baking pan.
- PRESS 3/4 package (18 squares) cookie dough into prepared baking pan and refrigerate remaining 1/4 package (6 squares) cookie dough.
- BAKE for 10 minutes; remove from oven.
- COMBINE butter, nuts, sugar and salt in small bowl until coated. Sprinkle over dough. Top with teaspoonfuls of remaining cookie dough; pressing down gently. Sprinkle with morsels.
- BAKE for an additional 22 to 24 minutes or until edges are browned and set. Cool 30 minutes in pan on wire rack.
- DRIZZLE caramel sauce over bar. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars.
- • For chewier caramel top, microwave 6 unwrapped caramel candies with 1 teaspoon milk for 20 to 30 seconds or until melted; stir until smooth. Drizzle sauce over bar.
- • Toasted pecans may also be used, if desired.