Sweetheart Strawberry Pie
Write a review
- Pastry for 2-crust 9-inch pie
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 Tbsp. water
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 pkg. (4-serving size) JELL-O Strawberry Flavor Gelatin
- 1 pkg. (4-serving size) JELL-O Vanilla Flavor Cook & Serve Pudding
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 3 cups strawberries, hulled, halved
- PREHEAT oven to 450°F. Place half of the pastry on lightly floured surface; roll out to 11-inch circle. Place in 9-inch pie plate, allowing a 1-inch overhang. Turn under edge; flute. Pierce pastry shell with fork. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on wire rack.
- MEANWHILE, reduce oven temperature to 425°F. Roll out remaining pastry to 1/8-inch thickness. Cut into heart shapes with cookie cutter. Place on ungreased baking sheet. Beat egg with 1 Tbsp. water. Brush over pastry hearts; sprinkle with sugar. Bake 8 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool.
- MIX dry gelatin, dry pudding mix and 1-1/4 cups water in medium saucepan until well blended. Bring just to boil on high heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes. Arrange strawberries, cut sides down, in pastry shell. Cover with gelatin mixture. Refrigerate 4 hours or until set. Top with pastry hearts just before serving. Store leftover pie in refrigerator.