Tabletop String Trees
Write a review
- Supplies Needed
- Styrofoam cones in assorted sizes
- Parchment paper
- Three-ply natural jute string
- Green raffia
- Commercial stiffener
- Large, medium and small
- 1/8-inch-thick natural wooden star cutouts
- Gold metallic acrylic craft paint
- Small flat paintbrush
- Craft glue
- Wrap each cone shape with parchment paper, using straight pins to secure paper to cone.
- Soak jute string and raffia in stiffener as directed by manufacturer.
- Wrap jute string around cone shape in a spiral pattern. Add raffia in the same way.
- Continue to add jute and raffia alternately until desired look is achieved, making sure the bottom of the cone is level. Secure any loose ends with straight pins. Let dry.
- Carefully insert a table knife between the cone and parchment paper; move the cone around to loosen.
- Carefully remove parchment paper from the jute and raffia. Paint all sides of each star gold; let dry.
- Glue a star to the top of each tree.
- Wrap each cone with parchment paper, using straight pins to secure.
- Tabletop TreesStep 2
- Wrap jute string and raffia around cone in a spiral pattern until desired look is achieved. Let dry.
- Tabletop TreesStep 3
- With a table knife, remove parchment paper from the cone. Carefully separate the parchment paper from the jute and raffia.