Tacos in Pasta Shells
Write a review
- 12 ounces dried jumbo pasta shells
- 2 16 ounce jars salsa
- 2 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 6 ounces cream cheese, cut up
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (6 ounces)
- Chopped tomato (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Rinse with cold water; drain again.
- Meanwhile, divide about 1 cup of the salsa between two ungreased 2-quart rectangular baking dishes, spreading evenly. Set aside. In an extra-large skillet cook ground meat over medium heat until brown. Drain off fat. Stir in cream cheese and chili powder. Cool slightly.
- Spoon meat mixture into cooked pasta shells. Arrange filled shells on top of salsa in dishes. Top with the remaining salsa.
- Bake, covered, for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Bake, uncovered, about 15 minutes more or until heated through. If desired, sprinkle with tomato.