Tex-Mex Mac and Cheese
Write a review
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cups shredded Mexican-blend cheese (12 ounces)
- 1 16 ounce jar salsa
- 1 15 ounce jar cheese dip
- 1 4 ounce can diced green chile peppers, undrained
- 1 2 1/4 ounce can sliced, pitted ripe olives, drained
- 12 ounces dried elbow macaroni
- In a large skillet, cook ground beef and onion until meat is brown and onion is tender. Drain off fat. Transfer meat mixture to a 4 1/2- to 6-quart slow cooker. Add Mexican-blend cheese, salsa, cheese dip, undrained chile peppers, and olives; stir to combine.
- Cover; cook on low-heat setting for 5 1/2 to 6 hours (do not use high-heat setting).
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain. Stir macaroni into mixture in cooker.