Tex Mex Ziti
Write a review
- 1 (12-ounce) package ziti
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 a medium-sized onion, chopped
- 2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup picante sauce
- 1 (15-ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
What To Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Prepare pasta according to package directions. Drain, rinse, and drain again; set aside in a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, brown beef and onion over medium heat 5 minutes; drain off excess liquid. Add todrained pasta along with spaghetti sauce, picante sauce, ricotta cheese, and 1 cup Mexican cheese blend; stir until well combined.
- Spoon into prepared baking dish and bake 25 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle with remaining 1 cup Mexican cheese blend. Return to oven and bake 10 minutes, or until cheese melts. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro just before serving.
- For additional ethnic flavor, you might want to add a drained can of green chilies, jalapeño peppers, or black olives when you combine all of the ingredients.