Texas Tater Casserole
Write a review
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped (1 cup)
- 1 medium stalk celery, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 cans (10 3/4 ounces each) condensed Cheddar cheese soup
- 1 can (11 ounces) Green Giant® SteamCrisp® Mexicorn® whole kernel corn, red and green peppers, drained
- 1/2 cup Old El Paso® Thick 'n Chunky picante
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bag (16 ounces) frozen potato nuggets
- 1/2 cup shredded taco-seasoned cheese (2 ounces)
- 1Heat oven to 375°. Cook beef, onion, celery and garlic in 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beef is brown; drain.
- 2Stir soup, corn, picante, chili powder and pepper into beef mixture. Spoon into ungreased 2 1/2-quart casserole. Top with frozen potato nuggets.
- 3Bake uncovered 40 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5 to 10 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is melted.