Write a review
- 3 cups (about 3 medium) coarsely chopped red or other waxy potatoes
- 1 cup (1 medium) peeled and coarsely chopped parsnip
- 3 cups fresh broccoli and/or cauliflower florets
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, divided
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 can (12 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Fat Free Milk
- 1 MAGGI Vegetable Flavor Bouillon Cube
- 1/8 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/4 cup seasoned dry bread crumbs
- PREHEAT oven to 350º F.
- MICROWAVE potatoes and parsnip in covered, medium, microwave-safe casserole dish on HIGH (100%) power for 9 minutes; drain. Return to dish; top with broccoli.
- MELT 2 tablespoons butter in small saucepan over medium heat. Stir in flour; cook, stirring constantly, for 30 seconds. Gradually stir in evaporated milk, bouillon and pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 4 minutes or until bouillon is dissolved and sauce is slightly thickened. Pour sauce over vegetables.
- MICROWAVE remaining butter in small, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 10 to 20 seconds or until melted. Stir in bread crumbs until combined. Sprinkle over vegetables; cover.
- BAKE for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake for an additional 10 minutes or until top is golden brown.