Toasted Coconut Rice Pudding with Cherry Sauce
Write a review
Coconut Rice Pudding
- 1 cup shredded coconut, toasted (recommended: Baker's)
- 1 (14-ounce) can coconut milk
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 4 cups milk
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons chopped ginger
- 1 1/2 cups jasmine rice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Fresh mint, for garnish
- 1 cup frozen cherries
- 1 (12-ounce) jar cherry preserves
- 1 lemon, zested
For Coconut Rice Pudding
- Preheat oven in to 350 degrees F
- Place the coconut in a thin layer on a baking sheet. Bake for 6 to 8 minutes, stirring frequently, until lightly browned.
- Spray 4-quart slow cooker with butter flavored cooking spray; set aside.
- In a bowl whisk together coconut milk, condensed milk, milk, eggs, and ginger. Stir in rice and toasted coconut. Pour into prepared slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW for 3 to 4 hours. Serve in martini glasses or bowls, top with cherry sauce.
For Cherry Sauce
- In a small saucepot over medium heat combine all ingredients, mix until combined and heat to a simmer. Remove from heat and serve over rice pudding.