Tomato Basil Frittata
Write a review
- 6 Eggland's Best large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper or crushed red pepeper flakes
- 1 cup basil leaves, chopped
- 1/4 oregano leaves, chopped
- 1/3 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese (additional for garnish, if desired)
- 3 cups sliced cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1/2 pound cooked spaghetti
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Whisk eggs in large mixing bowl. Add salt, pepper, basil,
- oregano, and cheese. Mix well. Add tomatoes and spaghetti and mix well.
- Brush sauté pan lightly with extra virgin olive oil. Add egg
- mixture. Cook medium-high heat for about 7 minutes, or until the bottom is
- Place dinner plate on top of sauté pan. Turn the pan over so
- that frittata is bottom side up on the plate. Slide the frittata back onto the sauté
- pan and cook until the second side is golden, about 4-5 minutes. You can cover
- the pan to cook more quickly, if desired.
- Once done, sprinkle with additional grated cheese, if
- desired. Cover to melt cheese and keep warm. Cut into wedges and serve.