Tortellini, Bean and Pesto Soup
Write a review
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 medium carrot, cut into julienne strips
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 medium celery stalk, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 6 cups water
- 2 teaspoons vegetable or chicken bouillon granules
- 1 can (19 oz) Progresso® red kidney beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 package (10 ounces) dried cheese-filled tortellini (2 1/2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 tablespoons basil pesto
- 6 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1Melt butter in 4-quart Dutch oven over medium-low heat. Cook garlic, carrot, onion and celery in butter 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 2Stir in water and bouillon granules. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Stir in beans and tortellini. Cover and simmer about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tortellini are tender.
- 3Stir in parsley and pepper. Top each serving with pesto and cheese. Serve immediately.