Write a review
- 2 9 ounce packages refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1 1/2 cups fresh sugar snap peas, trimmed and halved crosswise
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced carrot (1 medium)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/3 cup vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 1 8 ounce package cream cheese, cubed and softened
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup quartered cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped red or green sweet pepper (1 small)
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cook tortellini according to package directions, adding sugar snap peas and carrot for the last 1 minute of cooking; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a 12-inch skillet melt butter over medium heat. Add mushrooms; cook about 5 minutes or until mushrooms are tender, stirring occasionally. Remove from skillet.
- In a screw-top jar combine broth, flour, oregano, garlic salt, and black pepper. Cover and shake until smooth. Add to the same skillet; add milk. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Add cream cheese; cook and stir until smooth. Remove from heat; stir in lemon juice.
- Stir tortellini mixture, mushrooms, tomatoes, and sweet pepper into cream cheese mixture. Spoon into an ungreased 3-quart rectangular baking dish. Bake, covered, about 30 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.