Traditional Brownie Goody Bars
Write a review
- 1 box Betty Crocker® fudge brownie mix
- Water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on brownie mix box
- 1 container Betty Crocker® Rich & Creamy vanilla frosting
- 3/4 cup salted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 3 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 bag (12 oz) semisweet chocolate chips (2 cups)
- 1Heat oven to 350°F. Grease bottom only of 13x9-inch pan with cooking spray or shortening. (For easier cutting, line pan with foil, then grease foil on bottom only of pan.)
- 2Make and bake brownies as directed on box. Cool completely.
- 3Frost brownies with frosting. Sprinkle with peanuts; refrigerate while making cereal mixture.
- 4Measure cereal into large bowl; set aside. In 1-quart saucepan, melt peanut butter and chocolate chips over low heat, stirring constantly. Pour over cereal in bowl, stirring until evenly coated. Spread over frosted brownies. Refrigerate 1 hour or until set before cutting. For bars, cut into 6 rows by 4 rows. Store tightly covered at room temperature or in refrigerator.