Triple-Peanut Peanut Butter Cookies
Write a review
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter (1 stick), at room temperature
- 3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter (not unsweetened)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup roasted, salted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- 1 tablespoon sanding sugar, for sprinkling
- 1Heat the oven to 350°F and arrange a rack in the middle. Whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl and set aside.
- 2Combine butter and sugars in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Beat on medium high until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Add eggs, peanut butter, and vanilla and beat on medium until thoroughly combined. Add flour mixture and beat on low until incorporated. Scrape down the sides of the bowl, add peanuts and peanut butter chips, and mix on low just until incorporated.
- 3Scoop dough into heaping tablespoon-sized balls and drop about 1 inch apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Sprinkle with sanding sugar and bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until brown on the edges but soft in the middle. Transfer to a rack to cool completely. Repeat with remaining dough.