Tropical Coconut Cream Pie in Coconut Cookie Crust
Write a review
- 25 LORNA DOONE Shortbread Cookies, finely crushed (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 1-2/3 cups flaked coconut, divided
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1-1/2 cups cold milk
- 1 pkg. (4-serving size) vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 large banana, sliced
- 1 can (8 oz.) crushed pineapple, well drained
- 2 cups thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- PREHEAT oven to 325°F. Mix cookie crumbs, 2/3 cup of the untoasted coconut and the butter in medium bowl until well blended. Press mixture evenly onto bottom and up side of 9-inch pie plate. Bake 10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool.
- POUR milk into large bowl. Add dry pudding mix. Beat with wire whisk 2 minutes or until well blended. Stir in the remaining 1 cup untoasted coconut. Arrange banana slices on bottom of crust; cover with the pudding mixture. Gently stir pineapple into whipped topping; spread over pudding layer. Sprinkle with the toasted coconut.
- REFRIGERATE 4 hours or until set. Store leftover pie in refrigerator.