Tropical Pineapple-Cream Cheese Tart
Write a review
- 1 box Pillsbury® refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 egg
- 1 can (20 oz) crushed pineapple in syrup, well drained, 1/4 cup liquid reserved
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 Heat oven to 450°F. Unroll pie crust on work surface. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon sugar; roll in lightly with rolling pin. Press crust, sugar side up, in bottom and up side of 10- or 9-inch tart pan with removable bottom. Trim edges if necessary.
- 2 Bake 7 to 9 minutes or until light golden brown. Reduce oven temperature to 400°F.
- 3 In small bowl, beat cream cheese with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add 1/4 cup sugar, the coconut extract and egg; beat until well blended. Pour into partially baked shell. Carefully spoon pineapple over cream cheese mixture. (Pineapple will not completely cover cream cheese.)
- 4 Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until filling is puffed around edges and set.
- 5 Meanwhile, in 1-quart saucepan, mix reserved 1/4 cup pineapple liquid and the cornstarch until smooth. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until glaze boils and thickens. Spoon pineapple glaze over pineapple. Cool completely, about 1 hour, before serving. Cover and refrigerate any remaining tart.