Write a review
- 2 cups milk
- 1 box (4-serving size) vanilla instant pudding and pie filling mix
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 round angel food cake (16 oz), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons orange-flavored liqueur or orange juice
- 1 can (20 oz) pineapple tidbits, well drained
- 2 kiwifruit, peeled, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 ripe mango, seed removed, peeled and cut into cubes
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, cut in half
- 1/4 cup shredded or flaked coconut
- 1In medium bowl, beat milk and pudding mix with wire whisk 2 minutes. Stir in orange peel. Let stand 5 minutes.
- 2In 3 1/2-quart trifle bowl, place half of cake cubes. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of the liqueur. Spoon 1 cup of the pudding over cake. Layer with pineapple, kiwifruit and remaining cake cubes. Drizzle with remaining 1 tablespoon liqueur. Spoon remaining pudding over cake. Layer with mango and strawberries. Cover; refrigerate at least 4 hours.
- 3Sprinkle coconut in ungreased heavy skillet. Cook over medium-low heat 6 to 10 minutes, stirring frequently until browning begins, then stirring constantly until light brown. Cool completely; cover and set aside.
- 4Just before serving, sprinkle trifle with toasted coconut. Spoon down to bottom of dish to scoop out servings.