Tuscan Bean Soup
Write a review
- 1 cup packaged peeled baby carrots, coarsely chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 15 ounce can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 32 ounce box reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 - 3 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning, crushed
- 1 5 ounce package baby spinach
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- Cracker bread (optional)
- In 4-quart Dutch oven cook and stir carrots and onion in 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat for 3 minutes. Add beans, broth, and seasoning. Bring to boiling; slightly mash beans. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Meanwhile, in large skillet heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add spinach; toss with tongs 1 to 2 minutes, just until wilted. Remove from heat. Ladle soup; top with spinach, sprinkle with (pepper. Serve with cracker bread. Makes 4 servings.