Tuxedo Torte Recipe
Write a review
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, melted
- 1-1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup heavy cream, divided
- 28 HERSHEY'S KISSES Brand Milk Chocolates
- Whipped topping or sweetened whipped cream(optional)
- HERSHEY'S HUGS Brand Candies(optional)
- Additional HERSHEY'S KISSES Brand Milk Chocolates(optional)
- 1 Heat oven to 350°F. Line 9-inch round cake pan with foil, extending foil beyond sides. Grease foil.
- 2 Stir together melted butter, granulated sugar and vanilla in large bowl. Add eggs; beat well using spoon. Stir together flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually add to egg mixture, beating with spoon until well blended. Spread batter in prepared pan.
- 3 Bake 25 minutes or until cake is set. (Cake is fudgey and will not test done.) Remove from oven; cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- 4 Beat cream cheese and powdered sugar in medium bowl until well blended. Beat 1/2 cup heavy cream until stiff; gradually fold into cream cheese mixture, blending well. Spread over brownie layer. Cover; refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- 5 Remove wrappers from 28 milk chocolates; place in medium microwave-safe bowl with remaining 1/4 heavy cream. Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 1 minute; stir. If necessary, microwave at MEDIUM an additional 10 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, until chocolates are melted and mixture is smooth when stirred. Cool slightly; pour and spread over cream cheese mixture.
- 6 Cover; refrigerate about 2 hours or until chilled. Use foil to lift out of pan; remove foil. Cut into wedges; serve garnished with whipping topping, chocolates and chocolate candies, if desired. Cover; refrigerate leftover dessert. 12 servings.