Valentine Heart Sandwich Cookies
Write a review
- 1 package (16 oz) Pillsbury® Ready To Bake!™ refrigerated sugar cookies (24 cookies)
- 3/4 cup fluffy white whipped ready-to-spread frosting (from 12-oz container)
- Red food color
- 2 tablespoons white decorator sugar crystals
- Heat oven to 350°F. Bake cookies as directed on package. Cool on cookie sheets 1 minute. Using 1-inch heart-shaped cutter, cut the centers out of 12 of the cookies. Set aside for another use. Remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 15 minutes.
- In small bowl, stir frosting and 1 drop red food color until well blended. Spread 1 tablespoon frosting on bottom side of each of the 12 uncut cookies. Top each with cookie with center cut out; press together gently. Sprinkle heart centers with sugar. Store loosely covered.