WARM CHICKEN SALAD PIE
Write a review
- 1-1/2 cups Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2cup vegetable shortening
- 1/4 cup water
- 3cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/4cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 green onion stalks, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2cup pecans, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup crushed potato chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a deep 9-inch pie plate with non-stick cooking spray.
- Whisk flour and salt in a medium bowl. In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt shortening and water together. Add the melted shortening to the flour mixture and mix with a fork until all flour is moist. Using your fingers, press dough evenly into and up the sides of the prepared pie plate. Prick bottom and sides well with fork. Bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the chicken, red onion, bell pepper, green onion and celery in a large bowl. Stir in the cheese and pecans. In a separate small bowl, stir together the mayonnaise, salt, pepper and lemon juice. Pour the dressing over the chicken mixture and stir until well combined. Place the mixture into the baked pie crust and sprinkle the top of the pie evenly with 1 cup of crushed potato chips. Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes or until crushed chips start to brown.