Watermelon Push-It-Up Cakes
Write a review
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ SuperMoist™ white cake mix
- Water, vegetable oil and egg whites called for on cake mix box
- Red food color
- 3/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 containers (1 lb each) Betty Crocker™ Rich & Creamy vanilla frosting
- Green food color
- 20 plastic push-up pop containers
- Additional miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 40 mini muffin cups with cooking spray.
- 2Make cake mix as directed on box, using water, oil and egg whites. Stir in 10 to 15 drops red food color. Stir in 3/4 cup chocolate chips. Fill muffin cups two-thirds full. (Cover and refrigerate remaining batter until ready to bake; cool pan before reusing and spray again with cooking spray.)
- 3Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes; remove from pans to cooling racks. Cool completely. (Repeat with remaining batter to make about 32 additional mini cupcakes. Freeze cupcakes for another use.)
- 4In medium bowl, mix frosting and enough green food color for desired shade of green. Spoon frosting into decorating bag (fitted with desired tip) or resealable food-storage plastic bag (with small corner cut off).
- 5To assemble, pipe small amount of frosting in bottom of each push-up pop container. Drop 1 mini cupcake into each container; pipe frosting on cupcake. Top each with second cupcake; pipe with frosting. Add chocolate chips on top to look like watermelon seeds. Place caps on containers until ready to serve. Store in refrigerator.