White Chocolate-Cashew Butterscotch Blondies
Write a review
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 bars (4 oz each) white chocolate baking bars, coarsely chopped
- 1 1/4 cups salted roasted cashew halves and pieces, chopped
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray bottom of 13x9-inch pan with baking spray with flour. In large bowl, beat butter and brown sugar with electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy. Add eggs; beat on medium-high speed until fluffy. Add flour, baking powder and salt; beat on low speed until mixed.
- With spoon, stir in white chocolate and 3/4 cup of the cashews until well mixed. Spread in pan. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cashews; press down lightly.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until edges look dry, center is set and toothpick inserted 2 inches from edge of pan comes out clean. Cool completely, about 1 hour. For bars, cut into 8 rows by 4 rows.