White Chocolate-Peppermint Fudge
Write a review
- 18 ounces (about 3 cups) white chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon peppermint oil
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup crushed peppermint candies
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) salted butter
- Line an 8 by 8 inch metal baking dish with waxed paper or parchment paper. In a Pyrex (or other microwavable) bowl, place the chips, the sweetened condensed milk and the butter, cut into four pieces.
- Microwave for 2 minutes on high, then stir well and let it sit for 1 to 2 minutes. Stir again. If the mixture still hasn’t melted, microwave it for 1 minute more, then stir and let sit, stirring occasionally, until the mixture is smooth. Do not overheat or the white chocolate may “seize,” getting stiff or scorched.
- When the mixture is smooth, stir in the peppermint oil and turn the fudge into the prepared pan. Sprinkle evenly with the crushed peppermint and chill for 30 minutes, until firm. Slice the pan 8 pieces by 8 pieces, making 64 1-inch squares. Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container.